A superior bunding product designed for heavy vehicle movements.
What is rubber floor bunding?
- A portable and temporary spill containment solution
- Vehicle friendly, easily installed and durable form of spill control
- Supplied including fasteners for installation
Rubber floor bunding is a superior bunding product designed for heavy vehicle movements. It creates a perfect barrier for wash-bays, is ideal when employed as secondary containment for liquid storage areas that contain bunded spill pallets or IBC bunds and water diversion as required.
The product is easily installed and is supplied in 5m sections or by the meter. Multiple sections are then joined seamlessly for a perfect watertight containment area.
Rubber floor bunding is 40mm x 120mm wide and opposed to square set bunding is not a trip hazard making it a more versatile option for spill containment.
When considering the right bunding for your business, take into account the amount of traffic and expected usage expected during its normal life cycle.
Rubber floor bunding stands up over time is designed to protect the environment yet provide vehicular access allowing for improved storage and transfer. We haven’t had a disappointed customer yet.
How to install
Rubber floor bunding fastens into solid concrete floors with masonry fasteners. The use of adhesives ensures it is watertight and leak proof
- Simply lay the bunding out flat in the sun for 30 mins prior to the installation. This softens it for easier handling and shaping.
- Ensure the rubber is pre-drilled with a two-stage depth. This should be 25mm for the first (15mm deep) and 8mm – 10mm the rest of the way through creating a shoulder for the bolt.
- Next mark out and set out the area with a chalk line and lay the bunding out dry ensuring a good fit.
- Use the rubber bund as a template and drill the concrete with a masonry drill bit 10mm deep for the Dyna bolt.
- Remove and sweep the concrete dust from the work area.
- Liberally apply adhesive and start from one end working the bunding into place securing the bolt as you go.
Trade Environmental can install your bunding at your premises.
We offer rubber floor bunding for liquid storage area spill control that is durable and tough. DIY or order it with a DIY kit and get us to install it. We ship to you on a small skid suitable for forklift and can supply pre-drilled, pre-cut ready to go.
|TERFB||Rubber floor bunding||40mm||120mm||5mtr|
|TEFFB||Flexible floor bunding||75mm||100mm||5mtr or 10 mtr|
*These products (both TERFB and TEFFB) are available by the meter.